Friday, October 31, 2008

Tappening

When we moved to the Ozarks, I was excited to be able to get well water. The water at my aunt's was so good and clean.
Unfortunately, we weren't so lucky with the water the well company found for us. We haven't yet found a filter that will allow us to drink our water, but we need to and soon. The gallon jugs we buy are wasteful and expensive - I spend at least $6 a week on water.
I received a press release this morning from an outfit called Tappening. Their motto is the "campaign to make water cool."
It seems they convinced presidential candidate Barak Obama to give up bottled water in favor of tap water.
They describe Tappening as "a campaign and website designed to educate the public about the massive and unnecessary waste of money, fossil fuels and resultant stress on the environment caused by the bottled water industry, and to encourage people to drink tap water whenever possible."
They reminded me that I need to look into that water filtration system and soon. Did you know you could drink 1 million glasses of tap water for the price of one bottled water?
www.tappening.com

2 Comments:

At 31 October, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tappening is nothing more then a PR firm trying to keep there name in the news....The bottles they sell are way overpriced and where does all that money go? The owners of the site are unabashed at the fact they will do just about anything to get publicity...

 
At 31 October, 2008 , Blogger Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell said...

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate your opinions. I should have made it clear when I pointed readers to the website, that I agreed with their message, I wasn't promoting buying their products. I have no idea where the money goes, but they are a .com site and not a .org site, therefore they aren't hiding the fact they're not a non profit.
However, their message is one that I agree with, it's one we should all agree with if we care about doing our part for the environment.
Thank you for stopping by and reading.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home