Monday, April 20, 2009

Plans for Earth Day

What are your plans for Earth Day? It's always on April 22.
Luckily for us here in the Ozark Mountains, everyday is like Earth Day for us. Life is slower here and we have the time, even if we're on our way to work, to "stop and smell the roses." Each time we walk out of our little cabin, we're treated to the wonders all around us. The melody of the tree frogs, the song of the whipporwill and yesterday, I had a hummingbird buzz my head - I guess he was saying, "I"m back! Where's my feeder!?" Even this morning, when it was still dark walking to my office, I looked up and marveled at all of those stars! Believe me, city people, they're still there, you just can't see them as well because of all of the light pollution.
Celebrating Earth Day doesn't take going to hear speakers, or going anywhere, really. No matter where you are, you can celebrate it by taking a look around and appreciating the natural beauty of what we have here. Then, try to think of one small step to help save it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home