Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Green Victories
I love both spring and fall. The change of the seasons are both inspiring and beautiful. In the fall, you wake up one day to a glorious rainbow of colors that reminds me of a spectacular sunset like the one we witnessed last night.
In the spring, you wake up one day to a definite change in the landscape. light green buds on the trees and foilage, with a sprinkling of white dots from the Dogwoods.
This morning, I realized the scenery had changed so dramatcially just from this weekend. We can no longer see beyond the treeline into the forest, nor can we easily see the swollen lake from the deck.
My radishes and leaf lettuce are already sprouting and I'm thinking in another day, I'll be able to see the spinach working it's way to the top of the soil.
This is what we do it all for, to preserve the natural beauty of the earth.
I hope you all had an inspiring Earth Day. I hope you found a reason to want to do more.
Here's an essay/obit written about Earth Day and why it's no longer ok just to celebrate the earth one day of the year:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/21/AR2008042103261_pf.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home