Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sad Sacks

My husband has finally convinced me to replace my 20-year-old cotton grocery bags. My mother and I bought them the last time there was a movement to "go green," and we both used them until she passed away nearly a year and half ago. I continued our tradition, but my husband is right, it's time for them to retire from weekly use.
The sturdy white bags have faded pictures of animals and places (such as the rain forests) that were endangered 20 years ago. Not only are the photos faded, some of the animals have even made a comeback - such as gray wolves and humpback whales. That's good news. Wal-Mart (I know, people, but in small town Arkansas you really don't have a whole lot of choices of where to shop) has their bags on sale for $1 each. Unlike my bags, which have rounded bottoms and have trouble standing up on those bag merry go rounds, their bags are made for them. I'll still keep my sturdy cotton bags in the car for trips to other stores, but for the groceries, it's time for some new ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home