Friday, March 20, 2009

Electronic Files

The fires were close enough to smell Wednesday evening. We had to cut our walk short as the smoke was irritating our eyes and throats. There was no owl this morning, but the coyotes were once again close enough to send my dogs into fits of barking. I just wish they would come closer a little later than 4 a.m!

Today's tip from "The Green Year" is a simple one that we all should remember. Don't print anything out that cannot be stored electronically. I still write my story interview notes by long hand, but I'm slowly converting all of our bills and statements to electronic storage. It not only saves me precious space that I could use for other things, but it helps the planet. Author Jodi Helmer says Americans use almost 90 million tons of paper each year - enough for 700 pounds per person, per year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home