Friday, May 22, 2009

Cost Cutters that Also Help You Go Green

In these ever-increasing bad economic conditions, more and more of us are looking for ways to cut costs. I sat down this week with a list of our expenses this week and determined which ones needed cut, or which ones could be eliminated altogether. Next, I made a list of ways we could save money, did a little research and got some more ideas. I realized many of these are ways we can start to help the environment anyway. I'll be listing them here for the next few posts. If you have any ideas to add, I would like to hear them in the comments - our budget could use all of the help it can get!

Tip#1-We are returning to clipping every coupon we can find. While this may not seem like a "green" move, the ones I am printing from www.couponbug.com are being printed on recycled paper, or paper destined for the recycling bin anyway. I'm printing them in B&W only.
Once, when I was waiting for my mother to finish an appointment in the hospital, someone saw me clipping coupons and asked me if it was worth it. At the time, I did it every week, without fail and was saving an average of $15-$20 a month. The biggest 1-time savings was just recently when I saved over $10 on groceries thanks to coupons.
I think it's worth the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home