Monday, September 08, 2008

Eco-Travel

I just returned from a weeklong journey to Kansas City where I attended a travel conference that allows writers to connect with PR reps and city/regional convention and vistor's bureau folks.
Kansas City did a wonderful job of hosting and I came away with a lot of story ideas. The thing that I was a little disappointed in, though, was their lack of knowledge about eco-toursim opportunities, as well as green initiatives in their cities and things their hotels are doing to be more environmentally conscious. If they had an answer for me at all, it was usually to the tune of "We have a survey out to see exactly where we're at in the green movement."
As I've mentioned before, my family's green initiative began 20 years ago during the last "green movement," which quickly faded as the latest pop culture fad.
The fact that CVB's are not up on green initiatives in their cities is disappointing. The environment has become too much of a critical issue at this point to allow it to fade into a fad, but I'm worried that's why these cities are not moving quickly to tout their clients green-ness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home