Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daylight Savings?
I'll get to generators next week. In the meantime, I've been thinking this week, as I wait until almost 8 a.m. to feed the dogs and go for our daily walk - does all this daylight savings really save energy?
Don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily a foe of daylight savings. We've been having a grand time this week taking walks, sitting on the deck and overall, enjoying the extra time in the evening.
But, it sure is dark in the mornings. And for people who have to rise early to get to work, does it really save the planet to have an extra hour of darkness in the morning?
Not according to a study conducted in Indiana, which concluded people in that state spent an additional $8.6 million a year when the whole state was forced to go to daylight savings time.
Here's a good article on the subject with a link to the Indiana study:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home