Monday, February 16, 2009

Music and Memories

Jodi Helmer's tip in "The Green Year" corresponded to an article that ran in The Kansas City Star this morning.
Jodi recommends downloading your music online, rather than purchasing a CD, which takes raw materials to produce. Not only is the CD not very eco-friendly, the packaging also harms the environment.
The Kansas City Star this morning ran an article about music store owners trying to compete in such an Internet based digital music world.
I have a lot of fond memories of visiting the record store on a Saturday morning, sometimes with my brother, who taught me the appreciation of rock and roll at a very early age. Going to the record store was a right of passage for my generation, not just to pick up the latest tunes, but to also purchase concert tickets.
If you're over 40, how many Saturdays do you remember standing outside of a record store waiting for the greatest concert tickets to go on sale!?
It is a different world today, one where we have to be mindful of the impact we're making on the planet through everything we do.
I'll admit, I only just downloaded my first YouTube music video awhile back, so I have a long way to go (I don't even know how to operate an iPod) but learning to help the environment gives me more incentive.
"The Green Year" recommends visiting www.apple.com/itunes to download your favorite tunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home