Friday, June 05, 2009

Today is a No-Brainer Free Day!

If you're anywhere near a Krispy Kream or Lamar's doughnut shop today, don't forget to stop in for your free sugary treat!
It's days like these that I wish I lived near a strip mall!

Before I give the green tip for today, I'm asking my readers for some help. With all of this talk of topical flea and tick treatments harming pets, I'm wondering if I've missed something. Is there really any natural treatment that will keep the ticks off of my dogs in the deep woods? While the powers that be say that using topical treatments properly isn't the problem, I've never liked the idea of applying pesticide to my dog's skin. However, the tick problem in the woods is unimaginable to suburbanites and we can't have a house full of disease spreading bugs either.

Today's tip in The Green Year: Use an old sock to dust. My mom used to use old underwear, but I'm thinking the sock might be more socially acceptable if someone comes to the door while you're cleaning your house. :)
I've been using those disposable dust cloths you put on a stick. I found out this week that an old sock sprayed with a little dusting spray on the little plastic stick works just as well - and I'm saving money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home